Friday, January 4, 2008

Tis the season...to be sick

I have lots of posts to catch up on (want to blog my thanksgiving, christmas, new year's experiences, etc.), but at the moment by head feels like it is overstuffed with cotton that is trying to expand, my throat is all scratchy and I can't decide if I'm hot or cold. Yuck.

So I am resting, catching up with a few things on line, and making soup. One thing that my Peace Corps experience has taught me is to be a little more adventurous in my cooking. So instead of heating a tin of soup, I'm actually making a big pot of homemade soup. Mr. G, my landlord, gave me some fresh pumpkin, and I had some potatoes and stuff in my fridge. So I'm making a sort of harvest style soup with potatoes, pumpkin, an apple, onion, garlic, chicken stock and some spices. I'm gonna puree it in the food processor I inherited from another volunteer to make it nice and easy to eat (it should hopefully be very soothing to my throat).

Once I'm feeling better I'll get caught up on my other posts.

No comments: